Whether you use a signature lacquer, paint with advanced artistic inspiration, or keep your nails natural, it’s important to not overlook basic nail health. This five simple tips will help you to keep your hands happy.
1. Moisturize your hands after every wash. This keeps them from getting too dry and chapped all year long.
2. Clip your nails only when a lot of length needs to be removed. Otherwise try to file your nails to desired length. This will prevent your nails from cracking and splitting at the tips.
3. Always use a base coat when painting your nails. Skipping this part can leave you with dry, polish-stained nails.
4. Never cut your own cuticles. It can lead to infections. Use cuticle oil and gently push your cuticles back.
5. If you have extra-dry hands, rub a petroleum product all over your hands and cover them with gloves to hydrate overnight.